Updating the script

Million Dollar Script Forums General Updating the script

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

Hi Ryan…. i downloaded the modified version of the script that you have out, my question to you is…my page is all set up, if i upload these files to the server won’t they overwrite the others and i’ll have to start from scratch, cause i don’t want to lose what i have done. I noticed that the index on the new update is different from the other one, meaning the homepage with the way the interface looks. The bottom line is i want the updates but i want the look of my page to stay the same, thanks.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

What did you change then exactly? Did you just edit the example.html / index.html page or did you change a lot of other things in other files?

If you compare the new files with the old ones you can see what’s changed and see if anything is different. If you have customized the main.css just compare that file. If you costomized the index.html then check the index.php file and see the differences. Basically you should be able to copy any customizations into the new files from your old ones without much trouble if you do it properly.

Ryan

John
    Participant

I tried updating everything to the newer version and i think the other script works better, there are still bugs in the newer script. In the newer script in the admin with uploading the blocks it says that the png files are not png’s. Sorry, i like the other better.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Do you mean when you are editing a grid when trying to upload an image for the blocks?

John
    Participant

In the admin panel in manage grids on the right side there are the blocks that are uploaded for the colors, both scripts won’t execute the colors, i mean the png files that are in admin and users

Ryan
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce the problem. If you are getting errors somewhere please copy and paste it here so I can see it. Do you get errors in your web server’s error logs?

I can pretty much guarantee there are less bugs in the development version since I have been fixing bugs. So if there are any bugs please let me know and I will fix them when I get a chance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.