Favourite Host

FastComet

Install Service

Premium Support

Forums

Login or register to post.

Parse Error/Syntax Error on Installation

I get the following error after installation

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home4/*******/public_html/altcion.com/config.php on line 209

For full error visit

altcion.com/admin/install.php

Someone recently had this same error because they were hosted on a Windows machine with IIS. Is your server running Windows? Is it running Apache or IIS? It won't run on an IIS server but it should still run on Windows fine if it's using Apache. Ideally it would be a LAMP server (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) but should work fine as a WAMP server as well (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP).

I don't know much technical details, but when i log in to my cpanel where this site is hosted, it shows

Operating System as Linux CentOS

On Clicking Program Version it shows

Apache: 2.2.34
CentOS: CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
cPanel: 62.0 (build 46)
Curl: 7.12.1
MySQL 5.5.51-38.2
phpMyAdmin 4.3.8
Python: 2.6.6
Perl: 5.10.1
PHP: 5.4.45
Ruby: 1.8.7
Rails: 2.3.18
OpenSSL: 1.0.1e-fips

Hi,

The problem is sorted out. I searched online for the error "unexpected ')', expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM " and found that it occurs due to outdated PHP version. The solution was to upgrade PHP to PHP 5 or higher.

On updating to PHP 5, the error was removed.

Yes that version of PHP is a pretty outdated and that could be the issue. You could also try to change the line a bit to see if you can get around it but you may experience more issues in the future elsewhere: https://github.com/MillionDollarScript/MillionDollarScript/issues/74