mysql is not compatible with the latest PHP

Million Dollar Script Forums Bug Reports mysql is not compatible with the latest PHP

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JamesAndersonJr
    Participant

Hi,

‘mysql’ is not compatible with the latest PHP (it’s deprecated). You have to use ‘mysqli’ or ‘PDO’.

Without the change this script will be unusable very very soon.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ahh yes, it shouldn’t be that hard to fix so I can adjust the code.

I’ve created an issue here where I’ll post an update once it’s done: https://github.com/MillionDollarScript/MillionDollarScript/issues/20

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I updated the issue with a link to the commit that converts everything from mysql to mysqli.

JamesAndersonJr
    Participant

Probably not a easy as at first hoped. I implemented the new code and now my site does not load at all.

Did you test it?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Do you get any errors in your logs?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Oh nevermind, I see what I did. Will fix it up.

Ryan
    Keymaster

There, hopefully that does the trick. I forgot to add the extra database connection parameters for mysqli commands.

I also have added an option to change the Error reporting value and fixed the currency symbols.

JamesAndersonJr
    Participant

Now the admin section is gaped wide open! No login asked for at all -no security -straight into Admin. You cannot log out of admin either!

Hence, I shut down my site and removed the config file until this is fixed.

Also shouldn’t the admin login ask for a username too? Without it, this script is an open house for dictionary brute-force attacks.

Are you not able to test it because of some extenuating circumstance?

let me know, and I’ll setup something off-site to test new builds.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sorry, that was due to the solving of some of the notices that I had did. I pushed a fix for that.

Yeah I know the login sucks but that’s how it was before I started development on it and I’m not messing with it in this version. The WordPress plugin should fix that though once it’s done.

I do some testing when I get time. I didn’t notice the admin login not working though since I was already logged in.

Thanks for reporting the issues!

JamesAndersonJr
    Participant

I’ve been testing it for a while now, and have found no problems so far.
    But I would suggest, if you haven’t already, you should recommend in the installation instructions, to remove ‘install.php’ in admin folder after install, or else the site is wide open for attack.

Good Job Ryan!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yeah it does mention to delete install.php after install in the README.txt file but it doesn’t do an actual check to make sure. Maybe I could put a notification up or something if that file exists though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.