Header.php & Footer.php not effective?

Million Dollar Script Forums Modifications Header.php & Footer.php not effective?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

scubareb
    Participant

Hi,

So I have placed custom html and css in header.php and footer.php but it does not seem to be reflecting in any of the pages. The only page I see the code reflecting is the index.php..

I saw the pages it does not work on in the readme. However even for pages like order_pixels.php it is not showing any of the header or footer code.

Any help would be great 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

I don’t think those pages will use the header and footer. At least not yet. That is a recent thing I added and I didn’t get to changing the rest of things yet. I guess it’s just a matter of me taking the time to change everything to use the new header and footer. I’ve just been so busy lately.

However, there is a header function inside includes/functions2.php which gets pulled into users/login_functions.php at line 47 to produce the full header. There are other pages which call the get_doc function around in the code somewhere I believe.

scubareb
    Participant

So where are the headers being generated from?

How easy would it be to convert, say order_pixels.php to read from the header and footer documents? It would be nice to only have to change files once for the whole site to keep it looking uniform..

Ryan
    Keymaster

I edited the users/login_functions.php to use the headers and updated the snapshot with this file. It hopefully should work for the order_pixels.php

scubareb
    Participant

I will check it out.

Does order_pixels go thru login_functions though, since the first steps of buying pixels do not require login?

scubareb
    Participant

ok, I downloaded the last snapshot and uploaded the login_functions.php

This does seem to cause list.php to use the header/footers but still not the buy a pixel process..

scubareb
    Participant

Does anyone know how to get the header/footer.php to effect the pages for the buying of pixels process? This is the last major thing holding my site back! 🙁

Ryan
    Keymaster

I guess I might have to go through it some more and test and fix it. I am kind of busy this week but maybe I can get to it.

scubareb
    Participant

I actually just got it to work..

All I had to do was go into the order_pixels and subtitite the two calls to header and footer.php and change the link to html/header.php and html/footer.php and this seems to have done the trick – just having to do some tweaking..

scubareb
    Participant

So, while I got all pages to read from the html/header and footer files.

I noticed that this messes up the ordering process.

Two issues I have seen:
    the image does not line up correctly with the grid. i.e. an upload 64×64 image does not line up with a grid that has 64×64 spacing. (it overlaps two spaces)

Secondly, you are unable to physically add the image to the grid. The mouse pointer is a ways away from the image you are trying to add and you can not click anywhere on the grid to add it – making it impossible to purchase pixels.

Any idea on a fix? It’s obviously some coding that is in the header.php in the users folder. The html/footer.php does not seem to effect the ordering pages at all – just the header.

scubareb
    Participant

I have tried moving everything I see that might cause the issue in the users/header.php to my html/header.php but no luck…

Ryan
    Keymaster

scubareb
    Participant

Nope, while I am using blocks larger then 1×1 I dont have that issue.

I have found the cause of the two problems is in my css.

The css is causing the image to not align with the grid and the mouse pointer to be distanced from the image making it not possible to add it to the grid.

The issue is somewhere in some of this CSS code:

#thesquare {
    height: 972px;
    width: 972px;
    border: 1px solid black;
    position: absolute;
    top: 50%;
    left: 50%;
    margin-top: -486px;
    margin-left: -486px;
    background-color: white;

}

#mainsquare {
    border: 2px solid #4C3C1B;
    padding: 5px;
    width: 300px;
    background-color: #00ADEF;
    height: 1000px;
    width: 1000px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    margin-top: 10px;
    position: relative;
    }

Ryan
    Keymaster

If I had to guess I would say it might have something to do with the widths, the left: 50% and the negative margins.

Do you have a screenshot and/or a link I can see more clearly what you are referring to?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.