Favourite Host

FastComet

Install Service

Premium Support

Forums

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForum: Bug ReportsBackground image issues
Login or register to post.

Background image issues

Hello, thanks for this awesome script! I have a problem with background images. I create a new grid, and when i navigate to the backgrounds menu and select the new grid from the dropdown, i can see the grid. When i upload a background image for this grid, the only thing i see is an "invalid image" picture, like when you have an image tag pointing "nothing". And no grid of course.Tried with SVG and PNG images.Any suggestions please?

Hi there,I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my install.Are you able to enable error logging in the Main Config by setting it to:ALL & ~E_NOTICEThen try to reproduce the issue and check your web server error logs. They may be located in your hosting control panel or in the folder on your server such as error_log or /admin/error_logThen any errors that come up after please send them to me and I can try to see what the issue is.Thanks!

I get these notices when i navigate to backgrounds (with previously setted bg):

Notice: Use of undefined constant NO_HOUSE_KEEP - assumed 'NO_HOUSE_KEEP' in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionincludefunctions.php on line 84Notice: Use of undefined constant BID - assumed 'BID' in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminblending.php on line 40Notice: Undefined index: blend_image in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminblending.php on line 77Notice: Use of undefined constant action - assumed 'action' in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminblending.php on line 98Notice: Undefined index: action in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminblending.php on line 98

And these ones when i navigate to not-for-sale menu:

Notice: Use of undefined constant NO_HOUSE_KEEP - assumed 'NO_HOUSE_KEEP' in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionincludefunctions.php on line 84Notice: Undefined index: pass in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 39Notice: Undefined index: action in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 59Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 260Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 260Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 260Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 260Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 260Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:xamppnewhtdocsmillionadminnfs.php on line 260(...and goes on...)

Do you get any warnings or errors (not notices) when uploading an image or after visiting the backgrounds page where you aren't seeing the image?Notices are probably not the issue, although those probably should be fixed too. I usually fix those when I find them but there are certainly a lot of them left over to fix from the original developer still. They usually won't be the issue though.

I get no warnings or errors at all upon image uploading. Just the usual notices!

Forgot to mention, i am using XAMPP locally for testing purposes. Should i take care of anything in XAMPP to get the background image working, that probably is different than a live server or something?Thanks again.

I will test with XAMPP and see if I can reproduce it. What version of PHP did you use?

Well I tested with the PHP 7.1.9 version but it seems to work fine.However you should only be able to use a PNG image since that's how the transparency works. Although it probably wouldn't be too hard to edit it to allow other image types if you really wanted to use one.

Ryan, could you please share a PNG that you see it's fine, please? To make sure that my images aren't the problem...Thank you!

This one here works for me.