Installation Problem

Million Dollar Script Forums Installation Installation Problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Payton
    Participant

Hey, I am big fan of the script already. Thank you so much! So I followed all the steps correctly to my knowledge. But now when I am trying to run /admin/install.php for my domain out of the browser it comes up with a 404 error page.

I then went to /admin/edit_config.php and entered my database info but that didn’t seem to change anything. So what do you think? O and I will be sure to donate later today. Thanks again.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you sure you uploaded all the files properly?

Also, you may want to try the development version and see how that works.

Ryan

Payton
    Participant

Okay so what seems to be the problem is that I don’t have a index page. I changed /example.php to /index.php and now when I go to /index.php in my directory it brings me to a page that says:

So it is saying there is a database error. Do you think it is from putting in my MYSQL host, username, and password in the /admin/edit_config file. Anyways did I install the index correctly by changing the example.php to index.php? Also before I changed example.php to index.php when I went to charitypixels.org/admin/example.php it took me to a page that said “Place your logo here” along with other things, just so you know. I am still trying to get charitypixels.org/admin/install.php to work. Thanks for your help!

All the best!
    Payton.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Renaming the example to index is good but what you pasted there is PHP code, not an error. If it’s showing the code that isn’t really good. Does your host support PHP and MySQL?

To do the install you must go to /admin/install.php and enter your database info. If you don’t have that file then something may be getting uploaded wrong or not working correctly. It sounds like maybe it could be a problem with your web host even, especially if it is just showing you the PHP code and not executing it.

If you would like me to test things out feel free to send me an email using the contact form: http://www.milliondollarscript.com/contact/ryan-rhode

Don’t post your details on this website.

Take care =)

Ryan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.