Couple of customization questions

Million Dollar Script Forums General Couple of customization questions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

scubareb
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Have a couple of customization questions:

1. How can I remove the part where it tells the user how many pixels their image is.I just want it to tell them how many blocks they need.

2. Is it possible to have the hover menu (of the additional menu/text) show outside of the iframe its in? In other words, I have a very small grid (5 blocks, 1 row) so the menu obviously can not be seen as it is restricted to iFrame – anyway to get it so the hover shows on the page and not just in iframe?

3. If not, how do I remove the additional image upload? I would have thought disabling hover menu would disable but it does not. I don’t want to give users an option to upload an image that will never be seen

Thanks!
    Rebecca

Ryan
    Keymaster

1. I am not sure what you are referring to exactly. Are you able to post a screenshot?

2. You should be able to by using some of the code from includes/ads.inc.php starting at the SQL query around line 170.

3. This should be possible somehow as well but I am not sure the form editor is in working order at the moment. However you should be able to manually delete the field from the form_fields DB table.

scubareb
    Participant

Hi Ryan,
    Thanks for your response. I got #1, and #3 sorted but still am not sure on #2.

Really unsure of how to get it to work. I understand that since the iframe is say, 64 pixels high by 320 wide – the hover popup will obviously not show well due to iframe size.

Is it even possible to have the hover image appear appropriately, basically you hover inside grid, but the hover image can go outside of the iframe to show properly? I am clueless on this one…

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am not too sure if it can detect what element you are hovering over through an iframe. I doubt it would be able to do it in a very good way, especially to make it cross browser compatible. You would probably have to make the hover event fire some javascript which does an ajax call to a php file which can then update something somewhere on the server. Then an element outside the iframe on the page could maybe check periodically what the contents of the file are. I don’t know how good that would be but it could be an option I suppose.

scubareb
    Participant

Yes, I don’t know either – I might have to hire someone to come up with a workable solution..

Ryan
    Keymaster

Well you could alternatively just not use an iframe and put the code directly into the page.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Actually, I seem to remember doing some sort of trick with iframes to make it even submit a couple forms inside of an iframe one time on a remote site too. But it might be more of a security risk so you might not always be able to do that. You might be able to do things from the same domain though.

Maybe this could help: https://roneiv.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/get-the-content-of-an-iframe-in-javascript-crossbrowser-solution-for-both-ie-and-firefox/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.