Background image issues

Million Dollar Script Forums Bug Reports Background image issues

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdoc 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

cdoc
    Participant

Hello, thanks for this awesome script! I have a problem with background images. I create a new grid, and when i navigate to the backgrounds menu and select the new grid from the dropdown, i can see the grid. When i upload a background image for this grid, the only thing i see is an “invalid image” picture, like when you have an image tag pointing “nothing”. And no grid of course.

Tried with SVG and PNG images.

Any suggestions please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m unable to reproduce this issue on my install.

Are you able to enable error logging in the Main Config by setting it to:
    ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Then try to reproduce the issue and check your web server error logs. They may be located in your hosting control panel or in the folder on your server such as error_log or /admin/error_log

Then any errors that come up after please send them to me and I can try to see what the issue is.

Thanks!

cdoc
    Participant

I get these notices when i navigate to backgrounds (with previously setted bg):

Notice: Use of undefined constant NO_HOUSE_KEEP - assumed 'NO_HOUSE_KEEP' in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\include\functions.php on line 84

Notice: Use of undefined constant BID - assumed 'BID' in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\blending.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined index: blend_image in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\blending.php on line 77

Notice: Use of undefined constant action - assumed 'action' in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\blending.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined index: action in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\blending.php on line 98

And these ones when i navigate to not-for-sale menu:

Notice: Use of undefined constant NO_HOUSE_KEEP - assumed 'NO_HOUSE_KEEP' in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\include\functions.php on line 84

Notice: Undefined index: pass in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\nfs.php on line 39

Notice: Undefined index: action in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\nfs.php on line 59

Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\nfs.php on line 260

Notice: Undefined variable: blocks in C:\xamppnew\htdocs\million\admin\nfs.php on line 260

(...and goes on...)

Ryan
    Keymaster

Do you get any warnings or errors (not notices) when uploading an image or after visiting the backgrounds page where you aren’t seeing the image?

Notices are probably not the issue, although those probably should be fixed too. I usually fix those when I find them but there are certainly a lot of them left over to fix from the original developer still. They usually won’t be the issue though.

cdoc
    Participant

I get no warnings or errors at all upon image uploading. Just the usual notices!

cdoc
    Participant

Forgot to mention, i am using XAMPP locally for testing purposes. Should i take care of anything in XAMPP to get the background image working, that probably is different than a live server or something?

Thanks again.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I will test with XAMPP and see if I can reproduce it. What version of PHP did you use?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Ryan.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Well I tested with the PHP 7.1.9 version but it seems to work fine.

However you should only be able to use a PNG image since that’s how the transparency works. Although it probably wouldn’t be too hard to edit it to allow other image types if you really wanted to use one.

cdoc
    Participant

Ryan, could you please share a PNG that you see it’s fine, please? To make sure that my images aren’t the problem…

Thank you!

Ryan
    Keymaster

This one here works for me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ryan
    Keymaster

If you attach one of your images that don’t work I could see if I can reproduce the issue with that too if you like.

cdoc
    Participant

Ffs it worked. I was trying with downloaded PNGs.

Thanks for your help Ryan!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.