Amazing Ideas

Million Dollar Script Forums General Amazing Ideas

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  main_body 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

main_body
    Participant

Hey Ryan,

I’m using your script on my website and I have some crazy ideas to get the script/concept even further.

I would like to discuss my ideas with you personally.

Please contact me (E-Mail: preikschatbusines@web.de).
    I’d be very happy to know what you think about the possible improvements.

Kind Regards,
    T. Preikschat.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Sorry, I’ve been busy and haven’t had time to reply. No need to post the same thing multiple times.

If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to post it here and I will take them into consideration.

Thanks,

Ryan

main_body
    Participant

Oops sorry, I forgot to delete the old post, I thought it would fit better in the ‘Feature Requests’ topic, thats why I posted it once again.

Alright, what I am planning is the following:

I want to add a voting-feature to the script on my site (yourpixel.net).
    My idea is to add a ‘vote’ button to the ad details bubble that shows when a uses hovers over an ad.
    So that users can vote (only one time per device) for the best ad/website and the number of votes should be saved in a certain variable for each ad.
    The ads should appear in another chart/table like in the list.php file with the ones on top having the most votes.

Of course, the properties of the details bubble have to be changed as well, so that the voting button will be clickable and doesn’t disappear instantly when you try to click it.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Tom

Ryan
    Keymaster

That doesn’t seem like it would be too hard to add. Can definitely add it to the next version or to this one if I get some time. I think it would require it’s own database table associated with the ads and some ajax vote buttons which recorded ip addresses and/or set a cookie in the browser to tell if they voted for that ad or not already.

I will add a feature request to github so I am more likely to see it in the future when I’m working on this script.

main_body
    Participant

Alright, cool.
    I’d definitely appreciate it if you would make the changes or add some files/code/… to the dev snapshot version, because I’m using it on my server where I wanted to add this voting-feature.
    So that I can add or replace a couple of files on my server in order to get this feature without having any data loss like disappearing and deleted ads or accounts after adding the feature.

That would be the basic concept changes I wanted to use/implement on my website.

It would be really cool if you could add this to the current version if you would find some time.
    Please keep me up-to-date about your progress.

Appreciate your help!
    Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.