Access denied for user

Million Dollar Script Forums Installation Access denied for user

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

MeMozzeyMan
    Participant

Hello,
    I have tried to install the script, however when I entered the details for my database I entered the wrong username, now I simply get “Access denied for user ‘*User*’@’*Localhost*’ (using password: YES)”

Any help?
    Thanks JM

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hello,

You should be able to run the install again to change the info. Also you could edit your config.php file to change it.

Ryan

MeMozzeyMan
    Participant

Hi, I have tried over and over again to install the script, I am on step 5 of the midphase installation method and I am using cPanel, I have tried every possible combination of my hostname, username etc. I have created a new user and tried that, but yet I still get “Access denied for user ‘*’@’sustainableimpact.com’ (using password: YES)” I know I am probably doing something wrong but please can someone help out!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Have you assigned the new user you created to the database you’re trying to use and given it the proper permissions?

Often the hostname is just localhost unless your host tells you otherwise.

Ryan

MeMozzeyMan
    Participant

Thank you that has workes, however now I am getting an error when tying to complete step 6, when I go to http://mydomain.com/admin and press continue, I get “Not Found

The requested URL /admin/admin.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.” do I need an admin.html file on my server?
    Thanks

MeMozzeyMan
    Participant

I am getting an error when tying to complete step 6, when I go to http://mydomain.com/admin and press continue, I get “Not Found

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.” do I need an admin.html file on my server?
    Thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

No there is no /admin/admin.html file.

Which step 6 are you referring to?

Ryan

MeMozzeyMan
    Participant

I’m using the mid phase tutorial

MeMozzeyMan
    Participant

I am getting an error when tying to complete step 6 of the Midphase tutorial, when I go to http://mydomain.com/admin and press continue, I get “Not Found

Thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’ve merged your posts into one, no need to keep making multiple posts with the same thing in them.

Which version of the script are you trying to use?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I updated the development snapshot to correct the continue link.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.